Having problems using Robern Designer? Would you like to learn how to easily explore Robern Designer and get the most out of the tool? Here is a quick tutorial for Robern Designer users.
Watch the videos or explore the written guide below.
- Pick a Room to Begin
- :26 - This tutorial will teach you how to select a room style to start your design.
- Understanding the Navigation
- :32 - This tutorial will guide you through the menu system and provide an overview of essential tool features.
- Adding Products to a Room
- 2:08 - This tutorial will teach you the basics of adding products to the scene. Later videos will help you edit existing products.
- Edit a Cartesian or Profiles Vanity
- 2:38 – This tutorial will teach how to edit components of a Cartesian or Profiles Vanity, including colors, components and drawer layouts.
- Edit a Balletto Vanity
- 1:27 – This tutorial will teach how to add an edit a Balletto Vanity.
- Creating an Account
- :35 – This tutorial will teach how to create an account for the Robern Designer tool that allows you to save and load projects for later use.
- Save and Load Your Design
- :39 – This tutorial will teach you how to save new projects and load projects previously saved.
- Produce a Bill of Materials
- :34 – This tutorial will provide you all the models in the room scene with links to installation and spec sheets, as well as actionable next steps.
How to Access Robern Designer
Robern Designer is a free tool and can be accessed at www.robern.com/designer. To access the tool, please follow any of the steps below:
- Open up Google Chrome (ensure 64-bit version) and type in robern.marxent.com in your browser.
- Open up Firefox and type in robern.marxent.com in your browswer.
The tool should load right away and you should see the screen as shown below.
Cannot Access Robern Designer/Receive Error
This could be happening for two reasons:
- Robern Designer works best: 64 bit computer (larger memory capacity)
- Google Chrome is installed at 32-bit
How do I check if I have a 32-bit or 64-bit computer?
Click the Start button and find computer and right click (or find My Computer and right click). Select Properties. Under System information, look for System Type. You will see 32-bit Operating System or 64-bit Operating System.
If you have a 32-bit Operating System, Robern Designer will still work at a much slower pace and will slow down your computer. A 64-bit Operating System is preferred.
How do I know if my Google Chrome is 32-bit or 64-bit?
On the right hand side of your Google Chrome browser (once opened), you will see three dots on top of another. Click that button. Mouse down to Help and select About Google Chrome from menu that displays.
Under Google Chrome header, you will see a Version and then it will say (32-bit) or (64-bit) in parenthesis.
Robern Designer is Running Slow
For optimal usage for Robern Designer, we recommend a download speed of 50Mbps and an upload speed of 5Mbps. You can easily test your current internet speeds at: http://www.speedtest.net/.
Internet Speed & Testing Definitions:
- Internet speed tests will give you an upload speed and a download speed.
- Uploading refers to the process of transferring data from your computer to the Internet, and downloading refers to transferring data from the Internet to your computer.
- Usually, the download speed is much greater than the upload speed.
Internet Speed Factors:
- Your ISP
- Location of the remote resource
- Number of devices on network
- Time of Day